The best casinos Canada has to offer the online gambling community can be found within our pages. Every site we recommend is legal and licensed and players from BC, Ontario, and all provinces can enjoy the huge range of free bonuses we list. Whether you want to test out new slots or play for high stakes at the tables, we have a Canada casino to suit.
How to Play Canadian Casinos for Free
Most legal gambling sites have a fun play option available where users can test out the games using demo versions. If, however, you'd prefer to win real money while playing risk-free there is another option and it's called the no deposit bonus. There are three variations of this which we've listed below:
- Free Cash: Reserved for new customers, this marketing incentive rewards new signups with free cash that they can then use to play real money games. The amount varies but is typically between $10 and $25. It can be used to play slots and selected other games and there are wagering requirements and terms and conditions that you must meet in order to cash out your winnings. Winnings tend to be capped at between $50 and $100.
- Free Spins: As the name suggests, this no deposit bonus rewards new players with spins on a specific slot machine or a selection of titles. The bet size is fixed and once again there will be playthrough requirements to meet. Fans of reel spinning games can try their luck, see how special features are triggered and cash out any wins up to a specified amount.
- Free Time: Often called free play, players are given a large credit balance and between 30 minutes and one hour to play as many games and win as much as they can over the initial balance. Most games can be played including blackjack and video poker, but the contribution towards the wagering is lower for these.
No deposit bonuses are a wonderful way to play for free, try out a new legal Canada casino, and win some free cash too.
Bonuses for Existing Players
Bonuses aren't just for new customers and there are plenty of great promotional opportunities for existing Canada casino players too.
- Match Bonus: This is a bonus players receive when they make a deposit. It is often called a reload offer and is a percentage match up to a fixed amount. For example, a 100% match bonus up to $200 means if you deposit $100 you'll get $200 at least. As a reload for existing players the percentage match can vary and many of the legal gambling sites will offer daily, weekly, and special monthly reload offers. Some can be redeemed more than once too, and they are a great way to boost your bankroll.
- Loyalty Bonuses: The best casinos Canada has to offer have loyalty programs that reward their players. The amounts and the types of bonuses given often depend on the level a player reaches, and they often include free spins, reloads, cashback offers, special prize draws, and even no deposit bonuses. Loyalty programs also come with added benefits such as higher withdrawal limits and players collect comp points for every wager they make. The points can then be redeemed for cash.
Recommended Game Software Developers
All legal and licensed casinos that accept players from Canada will use reputable software providers. Below are some of the recommended software developers. These are companies that have a solid reputation and release high-quality games on a regular basis. Many have also won iGaming awards.
- RealTime Gaming: Often referred to as RTG, this software developer has been around since the late 1990s and is one of the few providers that still accept players from the USA. They have a large game selection that includes slots, table games, and video poker. Their software suite includes more than 7 blackjack variants and 10 video poker titles. They also have a growing mobile games section too and the software is available in no download instant play.
- Playtech: The company launched in 1999 and have an excellent reputation. They provide the software to a number of top Canada casinos as well as poker rooms, sportsbooks, live casinos, and more. Playtech has developed and released a number of licensed slots including branded Marvel titles with progressive jackpots as well as the popular Age of Gods series. They have their own live dealer games and are considered one of the top software providers in the gambling industry.
- Microgaming: The worlds' leading software provider has been in operation since 1994. They release new games every month and have even begun working with the VR industry with a VR roulette game. They only work with legal Canada casinos. They are the software provider behind the hugely popular Mega Moolah progressive jackpot slot that has paid out tens of millions over the last ten years. They also have the largest progressive jackpot network. Fair gaming is guaranteed, and all their games are eCOGRA approved. A large selection of licensed slots makes up their arsenal which consists of hundreds of hugely popular casino games.
- NetEnt: This software provider launched in 1996 and offers a wide range of games including their own live dealer tables. They are considered to be one of the best providers in the gambling industry with a huge selection of games that includes slots, table games, and more. Their branded licensed slots include titles based on TV shows. They also have a license with Universal Studios. Their Starburst slot is often the basis of free spins bonuses at legal gambling sites too.
- IGT: International Gaming Technology was founded in 1971 when they supplied land-based establishments with gaming machines. They have a selection of licensed slots including Ghostbusters, CSI, and Family Guy. They also have an excellent reputation and games can be enjoyed on mobile and desktop in no download instant play formats.
- Betsoft: This software provider made its name with an impressive selection of 3D slots. Their 3D slots come in all themes such as Las Vegas, the Wild West, and Mad Scientists. They are a US-friendly provider as well as being available to Canadian players. Mobile and desktop options are available with no download required.
Criteria to Keep in Mind when Looking for a Canadian Casino
For those looking for somewhere new to play, we've done all the hard work for you and our reviews cover all the elements you need to look at.
- Welcome Bonus: A lucrative signup bonus that boosts your bankroll is a must. We pay particular attention to sites that offer no deposit cash or free spins. Welcome packages are great too and offer bonuses over your first number of deposits. We check for fair wagering requirements and terms and conditions too.
- Regular Promotions: Regular customers should be rewarded for their loyalty with regular promotions including reloads, cashback, free spins, loyalty points, prize draw entries and more. We look at the daily, weekly, and monthly offers to ensure value for all customers.
- Security: All legal sites should make security a priority and we make sure that the latest SSL encryption technology is used to protect player data.
- Licensing: Legal casinos in Canada are licensed by a reputable licensing authority such as Gibraltar, the UKGC, Malta, Kahnawake and more.
- Software: The software provider should have a good reputation and offer high-quality games with jackpots you want to win. This includes a selection of slots, table games, video poker, and more.
- Customer Support: Customer support should be available 24/7 via live chat, email and toll-free telephone. Multilingual support is another area and we check for French and English language staff.
- Banking Options: Currencies offered should include CAD and deposit and withdrawal options should include Canadian friendly choices like Instadebit and eCheck. We also check cash out times to ensure you get your hands on your winning in the quickest time possible.
- Mobile: Mobile optimization is essential for today's legal gamblers. Some Canada casinos have mobile apps while others offer no download play via mobile browsers.
Ontario Gambling Laws on the Change
Ontario is the largest province and in April of 2019, they announced their plans to open up legal online gambling to private companies. This is great news and will see an end to the government's monopoly on gambling sites. Offshore legal Canada casinos are available, and these have a number of benefits including bigger bonuses, a better selection of games, bigger jackpots, and more choice. PlayOLG, Ontario's provincially run legal site is not the only choice for those wishing to enjoy slots or table games from the comfort of their own home and with this province planning to establish a competitive market for legal online gambling private operators will be able to apply for licenses.
To find the best casinos Canada has to offer and to ensure you enjoy the best legal gaming, be sure to read our reviews and check out the latest Canada casinos no deposit bonuses so you can start your risk-free adventure today.